05 June 2008

7. Dewmocracy!!!!!!!

Vote for VoltageNever before has your vote mattered more. I don't care about whether that old guy is a better leader than that other, not quite as old guy. Neither of them really care about you or make you feel any better. But right now, we can decide the fate of millions...that's right, we can vote on the newest flavor of Mountain Dew. This could possibly be the most worthwhile cause this century (unless you count getting rid of Sanjaya last year.) So get out there and vote. I won't bother trying to sway you to my preference (even if it is the correct one), you should already know how much better Voltage is. My only regret is that our local Dewery (or whatever the Mountain Dew Distributor is actually called) hasn't seen fit to provide Savannah with the chance for Dewmocracy. (Whichever presidential candidate can liberate us from such tyranny will definitely have my vote later this year.) But I was able to find the new flavors in Statesboro and Augusta. I was so distraught that I had to email Dew HQ:
I am trying to find out where I can purchase the Mountain Dew promotional flavors. I found them while traveling through Augusta, GA, but cannot find them around Savannah. I have, until recently, experienced the same problem with "Live Wire", but many convenience stores have started selling the 20 oz. bottles. Is this a problem with the local distributor, or is there some other, more bureaucratic reason for the "Voltage" embargo in our area??? Please help, I am really craving some raspberry-citrus goodness, and with gas prices "sky-high" right now, I really can't afford to drive 140 miles just to purchase soda (although it wouldn't be the farthest that I have traveled just to purchase a Mountain Dew - that would be the 160 mile train ride from Augsburg, Germany to the AAFES Exchange in Wurzburg, Germany to get a real Mountain Dew.) Thanks.

1 comment:

valerie b said...

Oh Kevin,
You can always put a smile on my face. And I bet you would qualify for a lifetime of free Mt Dew if the Grand Dewmaster ever heard of your lifetime Dew-related adventures! My personal favorite being the time you painted Mt. Dew on your chest with sunscreen and then proceeded to sunburn the rest of your body so it would really show up. I love you! Mom